- How to Protect yourself from Phishing Scam
- Know your Google security and privacy tools to stay safe online
- Google safety tools that Every Google User Must Know
How to Find Suspicious link in e-mail with VirusTotal
VirusTotal, a subsidiary of Google, is a free online service that analyses files and URLs enabling the identification of viruses, worms, Trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and website scanners. At the same time, it may be used as a means to detect false positives, i.e. innocuous resources detected as malicious by one or more scanners.
VirusTotal’s mission is to help in improving the antivirus and security industry and make the internet a safer place through the development of free tools and services.
- To start the process, we need to install the Extension of the VirusTotal. Head over to the www.virustotal.com where you will get an extension for Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Head over to the links you want to scan like Email Inbox or Links on the internet.
- Right, click on the mouse, then you will see an option called “Check With VirusTotal.
If you are not interested to install the browser you may head over to VirusTotal URL scanner service where you can scan URL.
VirusTotal is not only pretty handy to scan suspicious URL but also to scan files up to size of 128 MB.
Conclusion-: Suspicious links are attacking link which we get in our mail , before opening any link very the the sender of the mail , with the help method i have explained in this mail you can easily find suspicious link in your mail.