How Much Safe Are You on Social Networking Websites?-:In today’s Information technology era, social networking is the best way to connect people worldwide and with our friends family and relative. in some recent years, the user of social networking website like Facebook has been grown rapidly. we can see the impact of Social Networking on our daily life.
Social Networking is not only the way to connect with people it is more than of that ..for example Famous Instant Messaging App WhatsApp Now allows organization to Connect with their customer. few days back i booked a Hotel ticket and i got a message on my WhatsApp a PDF file for my booking confirmation.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of social networking. one of the biggest disadvantages of social networking is “IDENTITY THEFT“. IDENTITY THEFT is a job Social Engineer( Cracker, Hacker)to theft information from social networking website and used to spam mail and target on specific person and companies.
Identity theft involves obtaining somebody else’s identifying information and using it for a criminal purpose especially Social Engineering. Most often that purpose is to commit financial fraud by targeting user with email by saying ” you have won the lucky draw please give the bank details so that we can deposit the amount in your bank account.” Identity theft involves obtaining somebody else’s identifying information and using it obtaining loans or credits in the name of the person whose identity has been stolen. Stolen identifying information might also be used for other reasons, such as to get identification cards or for purposes of employment by somebody not legally authorized to work in the United States.
- How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook
- How to find out if your Google account has been Breached
Follow the following tips to make yourself safe on social networking websites.
1. Almost all social networking website providing a different level of security setting and Most of the all social Networking Website provides Two-Factor Authentication For Facebook You can Read my Post How to enable to Factor Authentication on Facebook .
2. Make your security setting such a way that your profile only viewed by the person you know for more information read my post How to Restrict Sharing Content with Public on Facebook.
3.Do not offer any type of sensational information on the profile of social networking website. Share only those things over social network by considering in mind that i will not going to harm you. Try to avoid using of social network while drinking.
4. Do not accept a friend request from the unknown person.