How to be Safe From Mobile Banking Frauds-: In recent few year, we can see huge growth in mobile user in India. India is fastest growing mobile user country in the world and it is emerging market for Smart Phone companies. Now Smart Phone is like our personal computer which we carry everywhere and we can do almost everything with our smartphone. In India Major percentage of smartphone user is not aware of Cyber Crime especially Banking Fraud but Efforts of Indian Government and Banks to educate people about Banking Fraud is Remarkable.
- How to Protect yourself from Phishing Scam
- Know your Google security and privacy tools to stay safe online
- Google safety tools that Every Google User Must Know
Use the following tips to avoid mobile banking fraud.
1. Always use Mobile phone lock function when mobile not in use. phone lock function present in almost all mobile phones with additional feature like Pattern Lock, Gesture Lock, Even though Finger Print Lock etc.
2. Use a strong password to lock your cell phone. use minimum 8 characters of the password which should be a combination of letter, numerical and symbol.
3. Never send any type of your personal data to anyone through text message if you want to share confidential banking data with someone creates Self-Destructing Note to create self-destructing notes Read my post How to Create Text Notes That will Self-Destruct after Being Read.
4. always use the latest antivirus to protect your cell phone. Always use the latest version of mobile web browser recommended one is Google Chrome because Google Chrome is by Default Secure for Everyone.
5.Crete your own security standard by downloading Firewall.
6.Download file and Application Form from trusted website like Google Play Store.
7.Switch off your Blue tooth when not in use.
8.If you have decided to sell your cell phone, take backup of all your data and make sure you have erased your all personal information.
9. Never Entertain anybody who calls and tells you won the Lottery and give your account details so we can deposit money in your account.
10. Never Share your Card details and CVV number to anyone not even to banking official.
Conclusion-: Precaution is always better than cure same way awareness about cyber crime and fraud can save you to a victim of Cyber Crime. As far as India is concerned Indian Government and Banks to educate people about Banking Fraud is Remarkable.
I hope you like my Post on How to be Safe From Mobile Banking Fraud You may consider to Subscribe Techfloyd Newsletter for latest technical tips. You can also follow Techfloyd on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.