How To Protect Yourself From Phishing Scams-: In Today’s information technology era , Internet is the Heart of Information Technology . today we can do online shopping, booking of ticket, Banging all are possible with a just a click of mouse. we can see huge growth in information technology in recent few years Internet growth also had resulted growth in cyber crime .i have already explained in my previous article “How to Prevent Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks” about cyber crime and method to prevent yourself on Internet to stay safe. Today the number and sophistication of phishing scams send out to consumer is continuing to increase dramatically. while online banking and e-commerce is very safe, but you should be careful about giving out your personal financial information over the Internet. you might be get an e-mail like ” you have won the lottery so provide information given below so we can deposit amount in your account” even though you have not purchased any such type of lottery.
How To Protect Yourself From Phishing Scams-:
1. Always share your financial information over secure website and always open website by entering URL in address bar of your web browser. never open a financial website like www.Paypal.com with a link that comes with e-mail. you may use Google Chrome Browser which is secure by default for Everyone.
2. Always ensure that your web browser is up to date and security patches applied and always in touch with web browser website for la latest version of web browser.
3. Always check your bank account ,Credit Card and Debit card statement after equal interval of time to ensure that all transaction are legitimate.
The Anti- Phishing Working group is a volunteer organisation. The Anti-Phishing working group maintain a repository of phishing scams e-mail and websites to help people identify and avoid being scammed in future.if you receive / already have received any phishing mail, sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org. if send any anti-Phishing message or any website to which it links, Anti-phishing update it on Phishig archive on it’s website www.antiphishing.org
Instruction or submitting Phishing mail to www.antiphishing.org
1. Create a new mail to reportphishing@antiphishing .org
2. Drag and Drop the phishing e-mail from your Inbox onto this new e-mail message and do not use ” Forward”